Chef Marc serves up local eats at Bistro Blanc
An innovative modern American restaurant and wine lounge in western Howard County, Bistro Blanc is an oasis of relaxed elegance and great cuisine. The diversity, charm, and ambition of the menu at Bistro Blanc directly reflects the personality and tastes of Chef Marc Dixon. This is his kitchen and menu—the culmination of a career learning the intricacies of fine dining from the best in the industry, married to his own desires for simplicity and freshness.
Chef Marc’s taste for fresh produce goes back to his childhood in Kansas and many summers on his family’s farm. He began cooking as a way to earn money at Kansas University and later in St. Louis, and then decided to commit his career to fine dining by applying to culinary school. Accepted at several nationally renowned schools, he chose to attend one of the very best, the New England Culinary Institute in Vermont. There he learned the techniques and discipline of preparing different regional and international cuisines, and the mechanics of operating a top-flight kitchen.
Chef Marc’s menu changes seasonally. Fresh local produce, from nearby Jenny’s Market, is the star in many of Marc’s dishes including the Composed Salad with seasonal vegetables, truffle herb vinaigrette and Humboldt Fog cheese, and the Spring Vegetable Gnocci with petite carrot, spring radish and onion with crumbled pistachio and truffle oil. Pair those with a glass of wine from award winning Black Ankle vineyards in Mt. Airy or Serpent Ridge in Westminster, Maryland. If you enjoy a good burger, try Wood Camp Farm’s Beef Burger with balsamic caramelized onions, gruyere on a brioche bun paired with rosemary parmigiano garlic frites and peppercorn aioli. Wood Camp Farm, located in Mt. Airy, Maryland supplies local restaurants and farm markets with premium angus beef, pork, and honey. And for dessert, try a seasonal dish featuring Jim Sanborn’s local berries.
Patio weather is here! Join us for a casual dinner at our Outdoor Café or enjoy a glass of wine under the stars.
Additional posts by admin
- Sheila Deane -Survivor: 1 Year, 15 Oct 2012 in Health & Wellness
- Grandma Has Had Enough LOL, OMG and WT_ (oh no!), 15 Sep 2012 in Events
- Keep Your Digestive System On Track This Summer, 12 Aug 2012 in Health & Wellness
- More than Just Medicine: Complementary Health at Carroll Hospital Center, 12 Aug 2012 in Health & Wellness
- 55 Best and Worst Cities for Your Skin from Daily Glow, 10 Jul 2012 in Events&Fashion and Beauty&Health & Wellness
- Eat Local: Maryland Resource List, 08 Jun 2012 in Uncategorized
- Spring Is on Our Doorstep!, 11 Apr 2012 in Wine & Dine
- Meet Maryland Women Ambassadors for Heart Health, 04 Feb 2012 in
- “I Feel Fine. Do I Really Need a Colonoscopy?”, 02 Feb 2012 in Health & Wellness