Acupuncture Facial Rejuvenation is Good PREVENTATIVE medicine!
Eastern medicine is based on a system of wellness and prevention. You went to your acupuncturist regularly for treatment in order to stay healthy. If you were ill, you did not pay because it meant that your healer was not doing their job. Acupuncture has its basis in keeping the flow of energy coursing throughout the body, therefore nourishing all of the organs, including the LARGEST organ in our body: the skin.
Acupuncture facial rejuvenation is not just for wrinkles, sagging skin, and dark spots. As a part of an overall program of skin health for individuals of any age, you can have treatments much in the same way you would get a facial. The difference is that an acupuncturist specially trained in facial rejuvenation can diagnose imbalances in your organs such as your liver, which may cause Melasma or dark spots; in your kidneys, which can result in dark circles or premature aging; in your large intestine or lungs, which can contribute to acne; or your spleen, which can contribute greatly to sagging and or puffiness.
Acupuncture facial rejuvenation, done as part of a regular program of skin care, can prevent the appearance of crows feet, sagging jowls, droopy eyelids, and turkey neck before they happen. Once these signs of aging do begin to appear, needles can be used to increase collagen production, stimulate blood flow, relax atrophied muscles, and brighten a dull complexion.
Techniques such as facial cupping, facial Gua Sha, and micro-needle dermal rollers are also used to further enhance the effects of the treatments. Treatments are very relaxing and you will look forward to the refreshed, rested appearance you attain from each and every session.
Is this a new trendy procedure? No. As early as the Sung Dynasty (960AD-1270AD), Acupuncture Rejuvenation practices were employed for the Empress and the Emperors. Recently Acupuncture Facial Rejuvenation was demonstrated on the Dr. Oz show. (http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/acupuncture-facelift)
Is there any proof that it works? A 1996 report in the International Journal of Clinical Acupuncture reported that in 300 cases treated with Facial Acupuncture, 90 percent had marked effects with one course of treatment (12-20 sessions).
We all look better when we are less stressed, better rested, and in good physical health. Consider all the benefits of having all of you tended to…not just your face.
Not all acupuncturists have been certified in facial rejuvenation. Make certain to ask your practitioner if he/she is.
I have been going to Michelle for several months to fight the signs of aging. Michelle is absolutely by far the best! People keep asking me how I stay looking so young! I have tried several acupuncturists before but have never experienced such remarkable, extremely obvious results before Michelle. When people ask my age they think I am lying. They can’t believe I’m over 50. My skin looks and feels great, wrinkles are diminished, and my energy level is unbelievable. I highly recommend Michelle for facial rejuvenation, stress reduction, smoking cessation, and weight loss! Thanks Michelle!! You’re the best. —Jenny Age 57
Pay for 12 sessions and get a free AcuLift™ MicroNeedle Dermal Roller for Home use. These Rollers have 540 1.0mm needles which enable the skin to better absorb skin care products and they also create Microtrauma which encourages collagen formation.
Additional posts by Michelle Gellis, M.A.c, L.A.c, Dipl.Ac.
- Springtime! Time To Refresh And Rejuvenate Your Skin!, 04 Apr 2013 in Health & Wellness
- Micro-Needle Dermal Rollers for a Myriad of Skin Issues, 30 Jan 2013 in Health & Wellness
- Acupuncture Facial Rejuvenation–An Alternative to Revitalize Your Appearance, 06 Dec 2012 in Health & Wellness
- Micro-Needle Dermal Rollers: At Home Treatment for Wrinkles, Stretch Marks, and Acne Scars, 17 Oct 2012 in Health & Wellness
- Acupuncture Facial Rejuvenation for Crows Feet and Lip Lines, 12 Aug 2012 in Fashion and Beauty
- Micro-Needle Dermal Rollers: At Home Treatment for Wrinkles, Stretch Marks, and Acne Scars, 12 Apr 2012 in Health & Wellness
- Healing Inside and Out: Acupuncture Facial Rejuvenation Works on the Outside Too, 01 Feb 2012 in Health & Wellness
- How Can Acupuncture Smooth Out Wrinkles, and Lift Sagging Skin?, 05 Dec 2011 in Health & Wellness
- Acupuncture Gets a Facelift, 19 Sep 2011 in Health & Wellness