Wine in the Woods: A Celebration of Local Wine, Food, Arts and Entertainment
Walking along shaded trails, a glass of the area’s best wine in your hand, you stop to sample the tastes of local eateries. You continue to stroll through the woods on a flawless spring day, pausing occasionally to check out the numerous artisans and crafters. Then, of course, you circle back for another glass or two (or more!) of exclusive Maryland wine.
Sound like the perfect afternoon? Experience it all at the 20th annual Wine in the Woods, a two-day celebration of local wine, food, arts and entertainment at Symphony Woods in Columbia.
More than 30 Maryland wineries, vineyards, and wine cellars, including Boordy, Cygnus, Berrywine Plantations/Linganore Winecellars, and Sugarloaf Mountain, set up booths to share their variety of products, from reds and whites to blushes and dessert/sweet wines, meads and more. Sample as many as you can in your free souvenir wine glass, available with each wine-taster ticket.
As you indulge in the finest wines the state has to offer, more than 30 food vendors are set up to take care of your hunger pangs. Sample a wide range of appetizers, entrees, or desserts from the newest eateries or longstanding local establishments, or pick out your favorite and make it a meal. If you prefer to bring food from home, pack a blanket and join thousands of others for a picnic under the canopy of trees.
When you’ve had your fill of drink and eats, roam among the more than 65 arts and crafts tents displaying their jewelry, paintings, photography, and much more. If you haven’t had enough of the wine, though, join the experts throughout the day for free seminars on wine-making, tastings, and more.
And while you’re picnicking, the music will entertain you. Starting at 11 a.m. and continuing throughout the afternoon, bands will play on two stages. From Rock and Reggae to Jazz and Soul, we’re sure you’ll enjoy a rockin’ good time. And special this year, if you come on Saturday, enjoy an evening concert at the Merriweather Post Pavilion. It is free with your Saturday ticket. All of this and more awaits YOU…in the woods!
Date: Saturday, May 19
Time: 11 AM – 6 PM (Rain or Shine)
Admission*: Wine Tasters: $40 at the gate / $35 in advance.
*The Saturday ticket includes lawn admission to an
evening concert at Merriweather Post Pavilion.
Date: Sunday, May 20
Time: 11 AM – 5 PM (Rain or Shine)
Admission: Wine Tasters: $35 at the gate / $30 in advance.
Place: Symphony Woods, Columbia, MD
ID required for 21 and up
Go to www.wineinthewoods.com for additional details.
For additional information call: (410) 313-4700 (TTY: 410-313-4665)
Presented by: HOWARD COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF RECREATION & PARKS
Additional posts by Events
- 1st Girls on the Green charity golf tournament in Laytonsville, MD, on June 22, 04 May 2012 in Events
- WomenFest on June 16, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., 22 Apr 2012 in Events
- Literacy Council 13th “Anyule Spelin’ Be” on April 26, 2012, 15 Apr 2012 in Events
- Let Go at Camp Letts: 17th Women’s Wellness Weekend, May 4-6, 2012, 10 Apr 2012 in Uncategorized
- COLUMBIA FESTIVAL OF THE ARTS PRESENTS LAKEFEST 2012, 10 Apr 2012 in Events&Uncategorized
- Rebuilding Together Howard County, April 28, 21 Mar 2012 in Events
- New Wellness Program for Breast Cancer Survivors Begins in April, 19 Mar 2012 in Events&Uncategorized
- COLUMBIA FESTIVAL OF THE ARTS PRESENTS GALA CELEBRATION 2012 on May 19, 12 Mar 2012 in Events
- Eddie Woods Memorial Golf outing on Monday,May 14th at Compass Pointe, Pasadena, Md, 06 Mar 2012 in Events